Q: Very little heat from vents 2004 Mini Cooper

I'm getting very little lukewarm air from the vents with the heat on all the way. I've checked the heater core tubes and they are both hot. I also just had a coolant flush and that didn't make a difference. I'm wondering if there's just air in the system. The temperature gauge sits in the center. Thanks!

Heater is not working Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello - the lack of heater function could have 5 causes: the engine is not getting up to correct temperature (center of the gauge) due to a malfunctioning thermostat - not likely in your case since the temp gauge is centered, the heater control valve is not letting hot coolant into the heater core, there is a restriction in the heater system that is preventing adequate hot coolant flow through the heater core, the heater fan is not working to transfer heat from the heater core to warm air for the passenger compartment, or the air blend doors inside the heater are not working properly to route warm air to the desired vents. I would recommend a heater system inspection](https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/heater-is-not-working-inspection) by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.