Hey my name is \*\*\*\*\* \*\*\*\*\* replaced both calipe...

Hey my name is \*\*\*\*\* \*\*\*\*\* replaced both calipers and wheel cylinders on my 08 ranger and can get a good pedal. I bleed it get fluid but the pedal still goes to the floor when truck is on. Any thoughts Mechanic's Ass...

Hey my name is \*\*\*\*\* \*\*\*\*\* replaced both calipers and wheel cylinders on my 08 ranger and can get a good pedal. I bleed it get fluid but the pedal still goes to the floor when truck is on. Any thoughts Mechanic's Assistant: Besides this, what condition is the Ford in? 205000 miles Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ranger yourself? What have you tried so far? Yes I am fixing it myself, replaced the master cylinder and saw no fluid against the booster. Yet I'm thinking it might be thr booster. It tried to stall while my friend was pumping the [brakes](/topics-brake-ford/) Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you? Nothing i can think of

Automotive Expert
Hello, my name is \*\*\*\*\* \*\*\*\*\* to just answer! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. I’m really sorry that you’re having this issue and I’m going to help you through it, but please understand that I (respectfully) don't know your skill level or tools you have to assist us to diagnose/repair your vehicle. Also, understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience/understanding is appreciated. Please allow me up to 10 minutes to gather schematics and other pertinent information for this issue. I do not know anything about the fees or charge so please if you have any concerns, direct them to customer service. My aim is to give you the best service possible and to help you. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to let me know. I appreciate your patience and will provide responses as soon as possible. Thank you.

Hey my names Chris, stuck a no brake pedal issue.
Automotive Expert
you replaced all of those components because of this problem or you didn't have this issue until after replacing everything?

Caliper locked up drives side and passenger side had a ripped boot and seized guide pin. Wheel cylinder started to leak on drivers side one day and could get thr bleeder screw loose on the passenger side. My father owned thr vehicle from new and told me he has never replaced any of the Calipers or wheel cylinders.
Automotive Expert
ok

After all of this the issue came about, while bleeding the brakes today I could see a crack in the reservoir for the master cylinder
Automotive Expert
take a look at the calipers. make sure the bleeders are above where the brake line attaches to the caliper.

I messed up, there on the lowest point of the caliper
Automotive Expert
thats the problem for sure

Could I have possibly flipped them and not noticed
Automotive Expert
sure. happens more than you think

I'm gonna have to flip them and bleed again then I should be good.
Automotive Expert
yes sir

Thank you! I feel so dumb, a simple foolish mistake.
Automotive Expert
we all make them my friend

All good! Thank you sir!
Automotive Expert
you are very welcome.