Q: Code P0562

my car intermittily does not start, if I keep hitting start button it will it will finally start. the throttle body light and anti lock lights come on sometimes,i turn it of and restart and no lights. the check engine comes on some times and after driving for awhile light goes off. I have had code read it is po562 low system voltage. it cranks slowly when this happens and than will not crank if I keep hitting start button it finally cranks and starts. your mechanic replace throttle pedal and check codes with no problems, than a couple days later problem came back. the car starts most times than problem comes back.

Code P0562 relates to low system voltage as you know. This may happen for a number of reasons such as a poor electrical connection, high resistance in the battery cable between the alternator and the battery or in many cases a faulty alternator. As you may know, the alternator charges the battery while the engine runs by generating amperage and recharging the battery while the engine turns the alternator pulley. The voltage regulator is a unit that regulates the charging of the battery by the alternator and maintaining a certain amperage while the engine runs. When the alternator is not working properly, this may result in the battery quickly losing charge and the car losing all power. You may also notice a whining sound as a result of the bearings inside the alternator begin to fail. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your charging system.