Q: Car runs roughs and overheats

My car runs rough and overheats. Adding coolant and water doesn't help.

Hi there. This is a problem that comes up often on this car. The most common problem is a leaking intake manifold gasket. This gasket fails and causes a vacuum leak which will make it run rough. Not replacing the failed intake manifold gasket will also allow coolant to enter the engine where it is burnt off causing the coolant level to go low and the engine to run hot. If the engine has been overheated then it may be a bad head gasket. A mechanic would do a block test and a cooling system pressure test to verify where the problem is.

3. Car runs roughs and overheats