Q: Car runs roughs and overheats

asked by on February 08, 2016

My car runs rough and overheats. Adding coolant and water doesn't help.

Intake Manifold Gaskets Replacement $149.65 - $885.56 Get a Quote

Hi there. This is a problem that comes up often on this car. The most common problem is a leaking intake manifold gasket. This gasket fails and causes a vacuum leak which will make it run rough. Not replacing the failed intake manifold gasket will also allow coolant to enter the engine where it is burnt off causing the coolant level to go low and the engine to run hot. If the engine has been overheated then it may be a bad head gasket. A mechanic would do a block test and a cooling system pressure test to verify where the problem is.