Q: Car sputters when accelerating. Not the spark plugs checked those. Now where do I go from here

What could it be if it's not the spark plugs. Bad coil pack, fuel filter,

Ignition coils will fail and cause a sputtering or a misfire, but there could be other issues as well. Since the car is a 96, you might be able to retrieve trouble codes that will tell you which cylinders are misfiring or if it is all of them. As for the fuel filter, they can cause performance problems, and they are easy to change, but it’s really rare that a fuel filter will become so restricted that it affects performance. A fuel pressure test will tell that story. If you decide you don’t want to try to sort this out yourself, you can contact Your Mechanic to have a technician come to your home or office to diagnose your sputtering problem for you.

• Car sputters when accelerating. Not the spark plugs checked those. Now where do I go from here