Q: Creaking noise while turning left and right.

asked by on December 20, 2016

I hear a creaking noise whenever i turn, similar to how a door in an animated scary movie would sound. I first noticed it on a rainy day and has happened ever since. The right side is louder. There is less of a sound when turning at faster speeds. I replaced and flushed my power steering pump/system thinking that might help but it didnt.

It could be worn out ball joints or the thrust bearings in the top of the front struts. These pieces bear the load of the car when it is steering and make creaky noises when their time is up. Your car is certainly old enough to where this is likely. It’s important to have this checked soon, because a failure could make the car hard to control. If you contact Your Mechanic they can send a technician to your home or office to check out your front suspension and let you know what needs to be done about it.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr