Q: P0430 code, engine running fine

My check engine light came on with the P0430 code (catalyst system efficiency below threshold bank 2). The car still runs fine no power loss or anything like that. What repair do you recommend

Diagnostic Trouble Code P0430 means that the ECU is detecting below threshold performance from the catalytic converter. The ECU monitors the catalytic converter closely and when a low performance threshold is detected the Check Engine Light will be displayed on the dashboard. Although it is possible the catalytic converter itself is faulty, there are many other possible causes of the low efficiency that must be ruled out first, including engine misfire, fuel injector leakage, engine mechanical damage, oxygen sensors that output out of range values, and exhaust leaks. I recommend you request a check engine light diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get the underlying fault(s) identified and resolved. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. P0430 code, engine running fine