Q: When starting car, alarms & warning lights flash

After starting my car and driving, the alarm sounds and then the ‘Service,’ ‘ABS,’ and ‘Security’ lights all come on. When I put it in park, it stays in park until the positive (red) connector is disconnected from the battery, then put it back on, and then start it up. After all of that, the car drives just fine. But when those warning lights flash on and if I put it in park, it’s the same problems again. What advice can you give me to solve these problems?

The cause of these random problems can be due to the wiring harness is having loose connection issues to the modules and ECM of the vehicle that causes erratic issues then are hard to explain and even harder to find. If disconnecting the battery and reconnecting it fixes the issue temporary, then you may have a connection issue at the ABS and security body module. I recommend having the system’s Warning Lights checked and scanned to see if the fault can be isolated by a mechanic.