Q: Advice on buying a used Ford Taurus

I've been looking at cars on Craigslist and I've seen a lot of late '90's, early 2000's models of Ford Tauruses. Is it a coincidence or are they junk cars and should I stay clear from them?

I would definitely stay clear from cars from the ’90’s. A lot of them had horrible transmissions. They weren’t that great cars. Lot of them rusted out, too. But for a 2000’s car, the later ones and mid-to-late ones can be decent cars. That said, on any used car, you always will want to have a mechanic give your car a pre-purchase inspection before you make a final purchase. They will inspect it before you buy it to make sure there aren’t any hidden faults that you may have overlooked. Always do that with a used car that you are paying serious money for - especially something like a Taurus. They can have engine or transmission problems that you’d want a mechanic to check out before giving your money.

3. Advice on buying a used Ford Taurus