Q: How many gallons of fuel does it take to crank my truck after running out of gas?

I have run out of gas. I put about 3 gallons in it, but it still won't start. Is there a minimum needed to restart my truck.

You need to have someone cycle the key on and off and on again while you open gas cap and listen to see if the fuel pump is turning on. You may have burned out the fuel pump and it will not turn on. The three gallons should be enough unless you stopped on an extreme angle where fuel cannot get to the pump unless you put about 5 gallons in the tank. If you need the fuel pump replaced you should call a mechanic like one from YourMechanic to come and test and verify the pump needs replaced. The fuel tank or bed of truck needs removed to access the fuel pump to replace it.

3. How many gallons of fuel does it take to crank my truck after running out of gas?