Q: Why won't my car drive and won't stay in park I have to use my e break

asked by on February 08, 2017

???

The transmission is shifted using the shifter and connected to a cable to the transmission selector shaft then controls the transmission gear selection. If you cannot select a gear or vehicle rolls when in park then you need to have the shifter and shift cable checked to make sure it is not disconnected from the transmission or at shifter linkage. You may find the cable end has fallen off at the transmission. You may need to replace cable or cable end after inspecting the damage to cable.