My 1999 Nissan altima radiator is leaking at the top alti...

Q: My 1999 Nissan altima radiator is leaking at the top

asked by on October 02, 2017

My radiator is leaking water at the top about an inch or two down from the cap and its not holding anything

Hi Chelsie. Thanks for contacting us today. It’s likely that either the neck of the radiator has a crack or the radiator cap is broken. Overtime, the radiator cap will naturally wear out, so I would start by replacing the radiator cap and see if this resolves the problem. If not, have a professional mechanic complete a coolant leak inspection, so they can locate the source and complete the right repairs.