Q: Key stuck in the acc position. Car will not start

asked by on September 10, 2017

Car will,not start. Key is stuck in the ignition. It will not start the car but it also will not turn the car off. All the accesories work

It sounds like you have an ignition switch that has failed. Inside the switch is a set of tumblers that the key is designed to fit into. When these tumblers wear out over time due to the key being inserted into it thousands of times, they will eventually begin to fail resulting in the key being stuck as you describe. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to take a look at the vehicle.