Q: Check engine and VSA light is on and car is shaking at stops

VSA and check engine light both came on at the same time , check engine light is blinking and car shakes when it's at a stop like a red light. I do know that I need to get the rack and pinion fixed , is this what's causing it? And if so is the car still okay to drive?

Hello there. Many different faults will cause your check engine light to flash and VSA light to be on with your 2007 Honda CRV. When the check engine light is flashing this is indicating that a fault has the potential to damage the catalytic converter. This is a serious problem and should be addressed immediately. The most common causes are an engine misfire, stuck open fuel injector, spark plugs, or a failing oxygen sensor. A qualified Technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your Check engine light and make any repairs required.

3. Check engine and VSA light is on and car is shaking at stops