Q: Sun roof does not close flush with the roof. The sunroof suddenly stopped tilting up to line up with roof.

asked by on June 28, 2017

My sunroof suddenly stopped functioning properly. The sunroof opens normally however when I try to close it it closes fully but does not tilt up. This causes a gap between the sunroof and the roof of my car. The sunroof is not lining flush the top of my car.

The glass may be adjustable on the track, there may be a calibration routine in the Factory Service Manual, and there may be lubrication possibilities which could restore range of motion. Those are the simple fixes. If none work, that means that there is a mechanical issue with the track, alignment, gearing, and/or the motor. Those issues require disassembly and inspection per the Factory Service Manual. It is fixable though and so I encourage you to request a moving glass panel diagnostic. If you request that service the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.