Q: We bought a used Audi A7 in March. The brake pads light is on. I called and was quoted $1440 to replace the front brakes and rotor

We bought a used Audi A7 in March. The brake pads light is on. I called and was quoted $1440 to replace the front brakes and rotor and $700 to replace the back brakes. Is that price ridiculous or is that what's to be expected because it's an Audi?

Without seeing the quote to see all the work that will be performed I would say you need to have a second opinion and quote from YourMechanic. Contact the customer service to get your quote. The quote you got sounds like you got a dealer pricing and not an aftermarket pricing for the parts needed. The aftermarket prices will be a lot better.

3. We bought a used Audi A7 in March. The brake pads light is on. I called and was quoted $1440 to replace the front brakes and rotor