Car running hot and has oil in water. overheating 2005 v6...

Q: Car running hot and has oil in water.

asked by on December 21, 2015

I have water in my oil and the car is running hot.

The water in the oil is most likely a blown bad head gasket or a cracked head or cylinder block. A coolant leak from the intake manifold gasket into the intake to the engine may also be a cause. The engine would have to be pressure tested to try and isolate the leak or the engine torn down until a failed component is found. If the heads are removed then the engine block will need to be pressure tested. My recommendation is to have a certified technician test and possibly tear down the motor to the block or to have a remanufactured motor put in.