Q: My new battery is dead after only a week.

Something is draining my battery. I just purchased it last week and now it is dead.

You may have a parasitic draw. This is when something is draining the battery while the car is off. Enlist the help of a YourMechanic technician to use a digital multimeter to test your vehicle for a parasitic draw. If a parasitic draw is found, this is the cause of your battery dying. Do not look over the obvious things such as lights left on or car chargers being plugged in all the time. These can both drain the battery. Once the draw is located have the issue corrected by the technician in order to keep your battery fully charged.