Q: Idles rough after warm up.

Starts and runs fine. No warning lights are on. Ignition coil and spark plugs changed. Read that it might be the VVT solenoid but wanted to ask before I change it. Engine r56 n14

A: Hi there, thanks for writing in. In most si...

Hi there, thanks for writing in. In most situations when the variable valve timing solenoid is damaged or causing an ignition problem, it will trigger an OBD-II code and thus illuminate the check engine light. If the warning light is not coming on, it’s most likely mechanical in nature - such as because of a clogged or dirty throttle body, fuel injector, or air filter that might be causing this problem. I recommend cleaning those components or contacting one of our local mechanics who can come to your home or office to complete this service for you.