Q: How does the HomeLink® system work?

How does the HomeLink® system work?

Your car may be equipped with the HomeLink® system depending on the trim level chosen. This is a handy device designed to integrate with other systems you regularly use, such as your garage door or an automatic gate. It can even tie into things like your lighting system or your home’s security system. Here’s how it works:

1. The HomeLink® system uses radio waves to communicate with other systems. After you program the HomeLink® system, it should be able to open your garage door, and provide additional functionality.

2. HomeLink® pulls power from your car’s battery, so you don’t need to replace anything (unless your car battery dies).

3. You can pair HomeLink® with up to three systems/transceivers, assuming they are compatible.

4. Not all garage doors, security systems or other systems are compatible with HomeLink®.

3. How does the HomeLink® system work?