Q: How do I inspect the lights?

How do I inspect the lights?

Your lights are a very important safety feature. They help you see the road more clearly, and help alert other drivers to your presence. They’re also required by the law. You should periodically check your lights to make sure that they are all working. To do this, turn your ignition to ON/RUN, and turn on the lights. Get out of the car, and check that all of the lights are on. Then, repeat this process with your high beams, your hazard lights (turn signals), stop lamps and reverse lamp.

Tip

Checking your lights is much easier if you have a helping hand to assist you. Have a friend or family member try all of your light functions while you stay outside the vehicle and inspect.