Q: Engine light and battery light came on and I lost my power steering.... this guy is telling me it is my serpentine belt 2003 Audi A6

I drive a 2003 audi a6 quattro 3.0... i just had my battery replaced about a month ago, while i was driving it yesterday the check engine light and battery light came on and battery power went down and was really had to turn my wheel... I believe it is my alternator. Just because when my battery was bad i had to jump start my car a few times before i could get it replaced

Hi there - this is the logical failure for the symptoms you describe. Look just behind the radiator (not much room in there!) - if you see bare pulleys without a belt, the serpentine belt has failed you. I would recommend a serpentine belt, tensioner and idler replacement by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, and correct this problem.

• Engine light and battery light came on and I lost my power steering.... this guy is telling me it is my serpentine belt 2003 Audi A6