Q: ABS lights flashing on dash, temperature gauge increased. Multiple lights flashing on the dash. I put my seat belt on and they went away

It was raining tonight, on my way home my ABS lights were flashing, temperature gauge increased and came back down, other lights were flashing on the dash. When I engaged my seat belt, it all stopped

Hello, this could be a number of things depending on how the vehicle is running now. If you possibly ran through a puddle of water or your belt is worn, it could have slipped and caused the lights to flash because the alternator and water pump were not operating.

Usually when the lights on the dashboard all light up together, you are losing voltage to the electrical system which on your vehicle would usually be the alternator. Now, if the engine temperature went up as well it sounds like you have multiple issues. It is also very common on your vehicle for the abs module to fail. If you need to have this checked by an expert, have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, inspect the ABS Light and other symptoms in person, so that this repair can be taken care of.

3. ABS lights flashing on dash, temperature gauge increased. Multiple lights flashing on the dash. I put my seat belt on and they went away