Q: Hello, I have an I35 Infinity 2002. Car wouldn't go pass 40 and acted like it wanted to shut off. I parked the car and saw white smoke.

Hello, I have an I35 Infinity 2002. Car wouldn't go pass 40 and acted like it wanted to shut off. I saw white smoke and it smelled like oil. Please advise what could be wrong.

If your engine is smoking white and has the smell of oil, then check for any oil leaks that would be leaking onto the exhaust pipe and burning off. The white smoke is water burning in the chamber and getting into the exhaust system. Check the cooling system to see if there is any exhaust gasses getting into the coolant. This is an indication that the engine has a burned head gasket. I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you with your engine emitting a white smoke.

3. Hello, I have an I35 Infinity 2002. Car wouldn't go pass 40 and acted like it wanted to shut off. I parked the car and saw white smoke.