Q: Antifreeze mixing in with oil and leaking.

Car was idol and white smoke started coming out of driver side under the hood. Sweet smell (I assume antifreeze) and I noticed that the antifreeze is starting to mix with the oil in the car. I had no antifreeze left in the car so I walked to the store and got some and filled it up. After about an hour of my car turned off I started it back up and drove home with no problems what so ever. This morning there was an oil puddle under my car. What could the issue be?

If oil and coolant is mixing, then the engine oil level may have overfilled the engine oil and coolant mixed and oil got on the ground. Pull out your dipstick to check oil level to see if it is overfilled. If so, then you have a head gasket leak. Do not try and run the motor and only tow it to the shop or have it repaired at the car’s location. A certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s site to diagnose the coolant leak and assist you with the needed repairs.

3. Antifreeze mixing in with oil and leaking.