Q: Car didn't start this morning, do I need a new battery or did I drain my battery? (although I can't seem to think of how I did?)

I'm recently a new car owner so I'm not fully educated on some aspects of a car and I was silly and didn't turn the key all the way so I could listen to music while working out. Eventually my car had lost it's battery I learned and I had someone jump start it which was fast and easy, he believed my car battery was just drained because I didn't turn it on completely. So my car had been working after that, a week later and this morning my car wouldn't start! The lights in the front worked, it just made clicking sounds when I tried turning on my car! Could it be drained again? or do I need a new battery??

A: Hi there! First off, don't worry about...

Hi there!

First off, don't worry about being a new car owner - everybody has gone through this same situation at least one time in their lives. When the radio or other accessories are turned on while the engine is not running, the power is drained from the battery. If it's too long, it can cause the battery to prematurely wear out. However, since your vehicle is a 2010, it's possible that the battery was on it's last legs as it was. Usually when the car starts, the alternator charges the battery. But if the battery is worn out or old; it usually means the battery needs to be replaced. We have several professional mechanics from YourMechanic.com who can complete the battery installation for you.

Recommended services
Get a Quote