Q: I just changed the transmission with a rebuild from the transmission shop and I followed all the directions an it still doesn't work

will the shift sensor on the transmission make it not work it won't engage into any gears

A: Hello. Yes, problems with the transmission ...

Hello. Yes, problems with the transmission controller can prevent the transmission from going into gear. Double-check the fluid level to be sure it is at the proper level. Also, double-check the hydraulic pressure from the transmissions input pump to be sure it is providing proper line pressure to all valves and solenoids for gear engagement, and was not damaged during installation when the torque converter was installed. I would recommend having a car is hard to shift inspection completed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and give you an estimate for repairs.