Q: Correct wheels and tires for my car

I have a VW Golf 2012 and my car currently have costume wheels the previous owner left on and they are terrible, they won't hold its air pressure, luckily a fried. Is giving me 5 in exellent conditions 18X8.0 offset 45mm rims. And I want to know if they will fit in my car without compromising the performance of the car, and if I could use regular all season tires. Please if anyone could help I'll appreciate it. Thanks!

Any wheels other than the factory wheels will compromise the vehicle’s performance to a certain extent. I would recommend getting the factory wheels if you can as they are the best suited for your vehicle. If the factory wheels are not an option, I would recommend removing on wheel to see if the lug studs line up. If the bolt pattern is the same, I would then get some lug nuts that hold the wheels on to your vehicle securely. I would also strongly recommend that the wheels get torqued to factory specification and that the torque gets rechecked once every couple of weeks for a period of time until you are confident that they will remain tight. If you are unsure about any of this, enlist the assistance of a qualified professional.

3. Correct wheels and tires for my car