Exception in rendering!

Message: window is not defined

ReferenceError: window is not defined
    at new c (/tmp/execjs20161208-103658-1vwdzqkjs:136:3912)
    at m.mountComponent (/tmp/execjs20161208-103658-1vwdzqkjs:47:15602)
    at /tmp/execjs20161208-103658-1vwdzqkjs:49:31860
    at a.r.perform (/tmp/execjs20161208-103658-1vwdzqkjs:47:12503)
    at Object.a [as renderToString] (/tmp/execjs20161208-103658-1vwdzqkjs:49:31821)
    at r (/tmp/execjs20161208-103658-1vwdzqkjs:50:21164)
    at Object.S.ReactOnRails.serverRenderReactComponent (/tmp/execjs20161208-103658-1vwdzqkjs:32:6073)
    at eval (eval at <anonymous> (/tmp/execjs20161208-103658-1vwdzqkjs:173:8), <anonymous>:10:23)
    at eval (eval at <anonymous> (/tmp/execjs20161208-103658-1vwdzqkjs:173:8), <anonymous>:17:3)
    at /tmp/execjs20161208-103658-1vwdzqkjs:173:8

Q: Clutch has no resistance and stays on floor

I’m having a problem with the clutch in my car. It goes the entire way to the floor and there is no resistance in it. Very slowly, it will return sometimes - but sometimes doesn’t. There’s no pressure. There is a click sound, sometimes, when it is all the way to the floor. Just last year I put a new clutch in my car. What is the difference between a clutch slave cylinder and a master cylinder and how should I fix my clutch problem? Thanks.

A: Greetings! We will be happy to assist you. ...

Greetings! We will be happy to assist you. I believe the clutch problem likely stems from a faulty slave cylinder. Very common problem on manual vehicles. The master cylinder may be the issue but not as likely.

The master cylinder is basically a pump to push the hydraulic fluid through the system to end result operate the clutch. The fluid the master cylinder pushes will reach what is known as a slave cylinder. When the slave cylinder receives this fluid at the proper pressure it will eject a pin that connects to an arm which is holding the throw out bearing. When the throwout bearing is pushed outward it will make contact with the clutch and cause it to engage.

If there is a leak or air in the lines leading up to the slave cylinder the slave cylinder will not be able to receive the proper pressure therefore the pen will not eject and the pedal will feel soft. I suggest having a certified technician to diagnose your clutch pedal and check the operation of the slave cylinder. Also you should have your slave cylinder and related hydraulic lines checked for leaks.