Q: Clicking from fuses/relays

asked by on September 30, 2016

Ford Fusion 2008 I thought the starter was bad when I tried to start it and only got a clicking noise. Now, when I try to start it it will not even turn over, but the is a clicking noise from the fuse box

This is a very common issue with many cars when the starter relay goes bad. This is a small relay that directs power from the battery to the starter that causes the starter to engage. When this is faulty, it will cause the clicking sound you describe. For more help, I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose the starting issue and proceed with the proper repair.