Q: There is a slight wobble at speeds between 50 and 70 mph and I'm not sure what is causing it.

There is this slight wobble in my steering when I am between 50 and 70 mph range. I have read it could be an unbalanced tire or bent wheel, but I am not sure what is causing it. I had my tires balanced 2 months ago, but this vibration/wobbling came back a month later. After inspecting the Jeep, I found that the right rear axle was badly bent, so I replaced it. Most of the vibration went away, but I still had this slight wobble, or fluttery feeling in my steering between 50 and 70 mph. Then, I checked to see if all the wheel weights were on the tires, and they were. However, the inner weight on the right rear tire had moved so I went and had that tire rebalanced. This still did not get rid of the problem, and did not help it any either. Then I thought that since I felt this wobble in the steering wheel, it might be the front wheels. I don't know if I should get the other 3 tires balanced too or if it's more likely a wheel is bent, and how to go about finding out if one is or not?Thanks!

Hi there. It seems as if you have a few possible issues going on with your Jeep. First, if you have a bent wheel, the tire and wheel combination will never balance correctly; as weight distribution on the tire and wheel combination will frequently change when the wheel is not straight in the first place. Second, when you balance tires, it’s always recommended to do all four at the same time; so you can eliminate that from the equation and focus on other possible issues such as front suspension or steering components. It is common for tie rods and ball joints on Jeep’s to wear out and cause similar symptoms you’re describing. If you are stuck and want to ensure the right repairs are completed, it might be best for you to have one of our professional mobile mechanics come to your location and complete a steering wheel is vibrating inspection.

3. There is a slight wobble at speeds between 50 and 70 mph and I'm not sure what is causing it.