Q: Failure code of P0723 OSS appeared

asked by on November 10, 2016

I need it to be fixed.

Hey there. This relates to a faulty output speed sensor inside your transmission. This is a unit that monitors the output speed of the shaft coming out of the transmission and relays this info to the transmission control module which then makes critical decisions related to shifting points, kick down changes, and other important adjustments to the operation of the transmission.

When this is not working properly, you may notice inconsistent shifting problems, poor fuel mileage, and many other problems. I suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to properly diagnose your transmission shifting problem and follow through with proper repairs.