Q: 2010 Mini Cooper S - P0974 Trouble Code: Shift Solenoid A Control Circuit High

asked by on November 07, 2016

Hi There, My 2010 Mini Cooper S stopped, wouldn't start and stuck in gear 3. It is showing P0974 trouble code. We followed the steps specified on the following article and still the problem exists.

Transmission fluid flush. check wiring

https://www.yourmechanic.com/article/p0974-obd-ii-trouble-code-shift-solenoid-a-control-circuit-high-by-parker-hill

Can you please advise what else we need to do.

Thank You, Raj

Transmission Fluid Service $125.08 - $496.65 Get a Quote
Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. Within the transmission the shift solenoid has lost power. Check the transmission oil level and make sure it is full with the engine running. Check the wiring harness to the transmission for any damaged wires or burned pins. If the wiring harness is okay and working, then the shift solenoid A has overheated or it has shorted it out. I recommend replacing the shift solenoid in the transmission. If you need further assistance with your vehicle, then seek out a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, to help you diagnose your Check Engine Light and transmission shifting issue for an accurate repair.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr