Q: Car stalling out briefly at 70 MPH

I have an oil leak. The car sputters in low gear at low speeds, but stalls briefly at 70 MPH. It kicks back into gear after falling to 55 to 60 MPH. i took it to a shop and they ruled out a number of causes. They found oil everywhere underneath and tried to locate the source. They found multiple issues with the VTEC system. Additionally, they determined that the car wasn't getting enough oil to enable higher speeds.

Hello. If there is a problem with the variable valve timeing, VTEC, or with the oil pressure, then the vehicle will definitely act this way. The oil leak needs to be found first. It should not be hard since it seems to be a large leak. If the source of the leak cannot be found, then I typically add dye to the oil to find the source of the leak. Once the leak is found and fixed then the VTEC system may be fine. If not, then most of the time the issue is in the variable valve timing solenoid. These fail all of the time on this engine and cause this. It can be checked electrically to see if it is failing. If this is something that you are going to have repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to accurately diagnose the stalling issue and make the repairs that are needed.

3. Car stalling out briefly at 70 MPH