Q: I dropped the air breather wing nut down the carb on my 1976 gma grain truck and its no longer in the carb it has passed through.

How do I go about locating the wing nut and how would I get it out. What all could it tear up inside my engine

A: I would have the carburetor removed if you ...

I would have the carburetor removed if you cannot use a magnet to go through the carburetor plates to get it out. Taking off the carburetor will give better access to get in the intake to get the nut. The nut will get into one of the intake valves and will get beat up to the point it will make it into the cylinder. It will damage the valve, valve seat, and then beat up the piston and scar the cylinder. The nut could put a hole in the piston and lose the cylinder if it isn’t retrieved.