Q: Engine died while driving, won’t start, but it will turn over

I have a 2004 dodge neon which has over 200k miles on it. I was driving down the road and my car just died. My engine will turn over but won’t start. My spark plugs were replaced 3 months ago and my fuel pump seems to be working okay. Any advice would help

You should first have computer scanned to see if there is stored codes for one of the engine sensors like the crankshaft sensor or camshaft sensor to fix the no start.

Hi Kira. Thanks for contacting us tonight. Most of the time, when a car stalls all of the sudden and will not start again, it’s either fuel or ignition timing related. If you turn the key to the second position (past the first click but not all the way to start) and you can hear the fuel pump prime (like a buzzing sound for a second or two), then it’s likely that your camshaft or crankshaft position sensor is damaged. If you can’t hear the fuel pump prime, then a fuel pump relay or the pump itself is the root source. You might want to save time, money and reduce frustration by having a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a car is not starting inspection.

3. Engine died while driving, won’t start, but it will turn over