Car died while driving and won't start again 2006 Chevro...

Q: Car died while driving and won't start again 2006 Chevrolet Aveo

asked by on March 08, 2017

I was driving into work and made it about half way down the road and my car just shut off and just wouldn't start back up, it would sound like it wanted to start but wouldn't completely turn over, it just stutters its not the battery because we hooked it up and tried to start it back up and again just stutters but doesn't completely roll over, once when trying to start it I was tapping the gas at the same time and nothing....however I did notice last week I was going through more gas then usual.....with my job (meals on wheels)I need my car please help

Hi there - your symptoms suggest a fuel supply issue. Check fuses and the relay for the fuel pump first, and listen when going through the start sequence to hear the fuel pump run, for at least a couple of seconds while it builds fuel pressure. I recommend a no start inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.