Q: Car won't start can't get vehicle in netural to tow.

My bmw x5 turns on electrically but the engine does not start. Engine doesn't turnover. AAA said has gas and battery works. Don't have the tool to release it and not sure if a screw driver would work, It's too close to the curve to be towed. Now buttons on the inside are flickering on and off. No clue what to do

Hi there. You could take a long pick and put it into the little slot that the shifter has a the top and push down on it. At the same time as you push down, take the gear shifter and put it into neutral. If you need further assistance with your shifter not going into neutral, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.