Q: Is it necessary to replace the rocker arm bolts? I tightened them to torque specs but it feels stripped out.

2003 grand prix 3.1 liter is it necessary to replace the rocker arm bolts I tighten to torque specs but it feels stripped out.just changed intake gasket rods are put back correct tried to tighten the arms but the first one I did just kept spinning.

A: Hi there. If the bolt is stripped out and ...

Hi there. If the bolt is stripped out and the treads to the bolt are in the head of the engine, then remove the bolt and look at it. Most likely the threads in the head are stripped out. You can run a tap through the bolt hole and try the bolt again, but this may not hold. So, I recommend drilling out the hole and installing a helicoil into the hole to make new threads and then putting the bolt back in. If you have a stud and the nut is spinning, then you would need to remove and replace the stud with a new one. If you need further assistance with the bolt that may be stripped out, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.