Q: My rear exterior lights are not working correctly on my 2010 Chevrolet Silverado

Hello my tail lights are acting very strange. When I turn on my right blinker my reverse lights will flash with it. Also, when I brake the reverse lights will also come on. When the left blinker is used everything acts as it should. Thank you.

Lights (Headlamps/beams/brakes) Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello. I have seen this quite a few times on this vehicle. If the vehicle is all stock then the issue is usually in the rear junction block for the wiring under the rear of the vehicle, or a problem with a short in the combination switch. I have also had some issues with this occurring due to a short in the fuse box under the hood. I usually start by checking the rear junction block connections for looseness or corrosion. If none is found then I test the circuit to see where the added voltage is coming from which is making the reverse lights come on. This allows me to isolate where the issue is. If you are going to have this repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose why your rear lights are doing this] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/lights-headlamps-beams-brakes-inspection