Q: AC blower going out?

asked by on April 27, 2016

my car issue is that the condensation line on my husbands 09 spyder eclipse got clogged. A few days after it was unclogged the blower has gotten to where it barely works. we turn it to 4 and it will turn on for a few minutes then turn off. then it will turn back on a few minutes later.

Heater Blower Motor Replacement $108.29 - $906.39 Get a Quote

The clogged line caused the evaporator case to flood out. The problem is the blower motor and the blower motor control resistor may of got flooded out with the water and caused them to short out. If you can get the blower to work sometimes then the motor and resistor would need to be replaced. Make sure the drain is fully clear and no water is getting into the motor or resistor before you replace the parts. I recommend having a mechanic like one from YourMechanic come and replace the blower motor and resistor for you.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr