Q: 2007 Nissan Maxima - TPMS Light Warning Light

asked by on June 09, 2017

My 2007 Maxima has had the TPMS light on for some time, and it's steady (not flashing). All 4 tires are set to the correct pressure (32 PSI), but it's been solid for months, so not sure how to get it to extinguish. I've even found a reset procedure online by using a paperclip and tapping the TPMS terminal, as previously it was flashing. Since I've done that, it's been solid ever since. Could the batteries in one of the sensors be bad since the car is 10-years old, or is there another way to turn off that light entirely?

Thanks for your help, Mike

Hi Mike, As you know, your car has sensors at each of the four wheels that monitor the tire pressure at each tire. When these tire pressure sensors fail, you may notice inaccurate readings as to your tire pressure. In some cases such as yours, you may not receive any kind of indication. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and replace your tire pressure monitoring system.