Q: What are the effects or symptoms of bad fuel injectors?

Vehicle has lost of power. Believe it's a misfire to cause jerking. Sometimes bad fuel economy.

Hello. A bad fuel injector can fail closed, fail open or not seal when closed and can work normal but have reduced flow from blockage. A fuel injector that is failed closed will cause total misfire all the time on that cylinder. A fuel injector that is stuck open or leaking seat will flood or run rich the cylinder. A clogged or low flow injector can cause surging, low power or misfire in cylinder. Only a stuck open injector will cause bad fuel economy. A certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the loss of power problem and let you know what should be done.

3. What are the effects or symptoms of bad fuel injectors?