Q: What are the effects or symptoms of bad fuel injectors?

asked by on October 17, 2016

Vehicle has lost of power. Believe it's a misfire to cause jerking. Sometimes bad fuel economy.

Fuel Injector Replacement $379.42 - $3631.88 Get a Quote
Loss of power Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello. A bad fuel injector can fail closed, fail open or not seal when closed and can work normal but have reduced flow from blockage. A fuel injector that is failed closed will cause total misfire all the time on that cylinder. A fuel injector that is stuck open or leaking seat will flood or run rich the cylinder. A clogged or low flow injector can cause surging, low power or misfire in cylinder. Only a stuck open injector will cause bad fuel economy. A certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the loss of power problem and let you know what should be done.