2006 Subaru Legacy GT moonroof tilt won't close h4-2.5l t...

Q: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT moonroof tilt won't close

asked by on August 01, 2017

The moonroof tilt opens but won't close, the switch has power and the motor clicks when you press it but it won't close , how do I manually close it? I looked at all of the spots the internet says a hex screw should be and found none. It's a 2006 Legacy GT wagon

It is likely that there is something that is jammed in the gears or the tracks of the sunroof. If the switch and motor are working properly, a mechanical malfunction is likely the only thing that could cause any issues. I would recommend searching in the tracks to look for a broken piece of plastic or debris from the road jammed in the sunroof mechanicals.