I changed the head gasket for 2011 chevrolet aveo lt, the...

Q: I changed the head gasket for 2011 chevrolet aveo lt, the car is overheating again ? what is the issue ?

asked by on August 07, 2017

I see the engine oil is milky white, so I replaced the head gasket. But now the car is overheating. What is the exact issue for this ?

Hi there. One of the biggest misconceptions is that a damaged head gasket is the source of an overheating problem; and that if it’s replaced, it should resolve the problem. In fact, the head gasket damage is the RESULT or damage done to the engine of an existing overheating problem. In most cases, a damaged water pump, thermostat, obstruction of debris in the heater core or faulty radiator fan is the SOURCE of overheating problems. The best advice we can offer is have a professional mechanic come to your location to complete an overheating inspection, so they can identify the source of your overheating problem, so the right repairs can be made.