Q: transmission not catching gears and over revs

My jeep grand cherokee is a really good car and ive replaced dam near everything arohnd the motor but recently my transmission started making a ticking nose underneath the transmission and dosent shift properly. It will go off gear and over rev and i have to constantly shitft from nutural to 2nd gear and then to drive to catch gear. Car works best only in 2nd gear. Also it will be stuck in gear and wont switch to the next so its at very high rmp. Please let me know what i can do to fix this

A: Hello and thank you for your question. It s...

Hello and thank you for your question. It seems that the 3rd and 4th clutches inside the transmission are slipping. This is the reason why you are hearing a ticking noise under the transmission and it seems to not shift correctly. The lower gears and 2nd gear tends to work good for it was probably not used as much for when driving.

Most of the time when people drive their vehicles, they put the shifter into drive and leave it. When driving in town, this can cause problems with the 4th gear clutch and also the 3rd and 4th clutch for when towing something. If you'd like to have this taken care of, I recommend having a qualified professional inspect the slipping issue and pinpoint needed repairs.