Q: What is the average cost to replace the top on a 2003 BMW Z4 with an after market top?

What is the average cost to replace the top with an after market top.

Hi Amy. Thanks for writing in today. I am actually in the market for one myself for my 2009 128i and have been pricing them around. Most of the aftermarket BMW tops actually don’t fit very well and typically require fabrication by a specialty body shop (which makes them more expensive than the OEM replacement actually). You can find replacement kits anywhere from $800 to $1500. Installation can cost quite a bit when it’s attempted by a general mechanic. Unfortunately, our mobile mechanics do not complete this type of work, so it’s probably best to contact a BMW specialist in your area to receive an estimate from them - as this is the best option to ensure a proper fit and longevity.

3. What is the average cost to replace the top on a 2003 BMW Z4 with an after market top?