Q: Need to replace rear brake pads and rotors - 2015 Dodge Challenger

I've noticed a scraping and scratching noise in my dodge challenger 2015, took it to a shop and was informed that left rear pad is binding and I need to replace rear brake pads and rotors for $696 + tax. This sounds very expensive. Is this a fair price? Thank you

No, that is a high price. 2015 is a recent model year, so check to see if the car is under warranty or extended warranty. Also, the root cause of the binding should be considered because your car is not old. If you would rather not take it to the dealer, consider YourMechanic. They can replace your brake pads and rotors for cheaper. For that price, you likely would have money leftover to replace the front brakes as well.

3. Need to replace rear brake pads and rotors - 2015 Dodge Challenger