Q: turn off lock horn 08 highlander

asked by on July 21, 2017

Hi. When ever I lock or unlock my car by the remote. It will make a really loud horn noise. lock once, unlock twice. Is there a way I can turn it off? Thank you

Car is making a noise Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hello, thank you for writing in. There are both ways to lower the volume and turn off the audible alert that sounds when you lock and unlock the car. They both have their own procedure that is available in the repair manual for the vehicle. Your local dealership or knowledgeable technician would also have the programming information for your specific model. On most models: 1. you must open the driver’s door, insert and remove the key. Wait 5 seconds. 2. Insert the key, turn to the on position. Wait 10 seconds. 3. Press the lock and unlock button simultaneously, twice.

The system should be turned off. It should also not effect your alarm system. The exact procedure may vary from these steps, and your owners manual may have more information. For help resetting the system, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr