Q: AC compressor idler pully won't spin

asked by on October 10, 2016

I put on the belt that connects to the Ac compressor but the pully on the Ac compressor won't spin idk why

AC Recharge $224.56 - $241.84 Get a Quote
AC is not working Inspection $96.46 - $106.46 Get a Quote

The AC compressor pulley or compressor clutch has a bearing inside of it that enables the pulley to spin without the clutch being engaged. When the air conditioning is turned on inside the vehicle the compressor clutch will engage and begin to spin with all of the other pulleys. If the compressor clutch does not kick in when you turn on the air-conditioning your AC refrigerant could be low. If you would like to have the AC system checked, a qualified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the compressor and pulley.